Wolf Parade have been on and off for years, with the members side projects (Sunset Rubdown, Frog Eyes, Handsome Furs, etc.) seemingly taking front seat over Wolf Parade. However; the bands 3rd album takes the band to a whole new level. WP (Wolf Parade) has become an even tighter four-some; the music feels and sounds more organized compared to previous albums (just an observation, I still love "Apologies to The Queen Mary" and to a lesser extent "At Mount Zoomer").
If you love quirky synthesizer driven melodies, and even stranger guitar accompaniment, then Expo 86 is certainly worth checking out, especially if you love a big sound because there is certainly a lot going on. I honestly can not rave enough about this album, I love it to bits! It could very well turn out to be one of top indie albums of 2010 (watch out the Arcade Fire).
The album features 11 songs in total, filled with many gems:
- "Cloud Shadow on the Mountain" (Krug) - 4:22
- "Palm Road" (Boeckner) - 4:41
- "What Did My Lover Say? (It Always Had to Go This Way)" (Krug) - 5:42
- "Little Golden Age" (Boeckner) - 5:00
- "In the Direction of the Moon" (Krug) - 5:46
- "Ghost Pressure" (Boeckner) - 5:16
- "Pobody's Nerfect" (Boeckner) - 5:50
- "Two Men in New Tuxedos" (Krug) - 3:09
- "Oh You, Old Thing" (Krug) - 5:46
- "Yulia" (Boeckner) - 3:47
- "Cave-o-Sapien" (Krug) - 6:19
I will try and review an album, or anything music related, at least once or twice a week. Leave suggestions in your comments for who you think I should review in my next post.
Till next time;